Some products and advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
A little guidance and advice please. I'm not totally new to a bit of tiling but am about to tile my 3ft square bathroom floor with 600x300 porcelain tiles. It's 12mm ply, 6mm Jackoboard for insulation (then the heat mat) and just today I've poured latex self levelling screed.

I'll break it down to a few questions

1. Recommendations for a reasonable value new cutting disc for my wet tile cutter. Might buy one to put in my angle grinder too. Present disc seems to be 110mm.

2. My manual tile scorer/cutter should potentially work ok on porcelain shouldn't it, or might I be best sticking to wet cutting if possible to avoid breakages? I just bought a couple of new wheels for the manual cutter.

3. The screed has of course dried quite quickly and its levelling is disappointing. Goodness knows why, I followed the mix to the letter and it poured fine but the centre of the room is a slight trough. Not terrible maybe 2/3 mm low at lowest. I don't really want to pour more screed as the floor level is getting high already. Is buttering the floor and the tile with 5mm any advantage over using just a 10mm trowel on one surface? I wondered if this might help a bit with levelling..

4. Am I right new grout should clean off cured grout ok? I've tiled my walls with white grout and
will be using darker on the floor. Don't want to stain the white or vice versa.

5. Last question. Any adhesive recommendations for above the underfloor heating or advice re tiling generally with it. On the walls I used Weber standard set which I have more of but I don't think it's a flexible one.

Thanks V much for some input.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back