Cutting 600x300 porcelain. Wet or manual?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive got a wet cutter already. Cheap plasplugs one and probably need a new decent blade. I have a ton of tiles to cut, guessing 60 odd. From my experience of cutting softer ceramic, it’s slow and messy. I’m guessing the porcelain will be much harder.

Like the idea of a manual scorer/snapper cutter as on the face of it seems much quicker and cleaner. Will this work on my 600mm long porcelains? They have quite a rough textured surface.

Sponsored Links
you can hire a 600mm manual snap cutter for about £20. with a new wheel it shuld easily do 60 tile.
for narrow cuts nick the line but dont attempt to snap. then nibble up to the nicked line with pliers.
ask where you boughr the tiles if they are suitable for snap cutting.

With manual tile cutters, you need a one designed for porcelain, such as a Rubi TX-N. It has a foot that pushes down on the tile and a long metal edge below the tile under the scored line. I rang Rubi because we had porcelain tiles that were still snapping in 'c' shapes on the Rubi porcelain tile cutter. They said that not all porcelain tiles will cut manually.

So wet cut might have to be the way forward. It has to be the correct blade and plenty of water.

Sponsored Links
Tiling now done. Bought a cheap manual cutter and it was crap. Took it back. My wet cutter worked fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back