Please recommend me a diamond blade to cut porcelain tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although amateur & slow, I'm a fairly good tiler, that was before the nightmare day I purchased a bathroom's worth of porcelain tiles. I upgraded my disk cutter to an expensive Marcrist diamond blade (made for wet precision cutting of porcelain tiles). This has so far only managed to chip its way through a few tiles & that's on straight cuts, so you can imagine the devastation on mitered cuts. Please can any one recommend a decent diamond blade that will cut but not chip my tiles. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
marcrist
is one off the top blades on the market mate....
are you using it on a wet saw or angle grinder?

have you got it facing the correct way...
is it a cheap wet saw your using (plastaplugs etc)..what rpm is the saw your using...is there enough water in the bed...
what size off tiles is it.....are you losing the rag/forcing it thro, while feeding the tile thro ...???

dont take this the wrong way mate....a bad workman..always blames his tools... ;)

marcrist/rubi/richmond/dewalt/husquavna etc to name but a few...

i have also worked with very...cheap imported tiles in the past and probally the future...so it could be the tile bud... ;)

Marcrist are the mutts nuts. Sommats amiss somewhere else as already suggested. Have you tried it on another tile?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back