Franke ascona tap still dripping after changing cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Franke ascona tap was dripping so I replaced the cartridge but is still dripping a little though. Any suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
Did you clean the seat before fitting the new cartridge? Did you replace both sides?

Did you clean the seat before fitting the new cartridge? Did you replace both sides?
No I didn’t clean the seat.And I presume when you say seat it’s the bit where the valve screws in place. Do I need to use anything to clean it with or would just giving it a wipe be sufficient. And should the valve be lubricated as well before inserting which I’ve heard some people mention.

Sponsored Links
The seat it the bit inside the tap where the rubber gasket on the end of the ceramic cartridge seals to the tap body. If it's scaled you'll never get a good seal. I've never lubricated ceramic discs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back