Free boiler for pensioners - system not flushed? no magnetic filter?

View attachment 93810

1. Where possible. Does not say that it MUST be used
Sorry pal, but you are plain wrong. Quite embarrassingly wrong at that. The whole section is titled in capitals PRE-INSTALATION (which you conveniently keep omitting from your screen dumps) . And now you're inventing the hypothetical situation that the old boiler had broken down?? well it hadn't.

How do you explain the fact that installer didn't even leave the chemical flush in for the minimum amount of time as recommended by the manufacturer? Or is that alright too because it was 'free'??

I don't see any professionals agreeing with you btw. Yeeha

Sponsored Links
Hey Aqua , don't even contemplate doing an Agile....never to be seen again....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just messin..;)

And now you're inventing the hypothetical situation that the old boiler had broken down?? well it hadn't.

No again where did I say that? You have this habit of hearing whatever you want to hear without actually listening to any facts.

M.I's are written covering all situations. How many boilers are changed because they are faulty? or do you believe that the M.I's are somehow specific to your situation?

The whole section is titled in capitals PRE-INSTALATION (which you conveniently keep omitting from your screen dumps)

Nothing omitted just that PDF pages in that are larger than the screen so I showed the actual relevant parts that you need to do to comply with M.I's

How do you explain the fact that installer didn't even leave the chemical flush in for the minimum amount of time as recommended by the manufacturer? Or is that alright too because it was 'free'??

I've never said that or commented on the length of time it was ran for. I couldn't comment as firstly it sounds like the wrong chmical for the job and secondly I don't have TDS readings for your mains incoming water and TDS readings and pH readings for system water.

You have still evaded every question that I have asked of you. How come?

I'll ask another to the list you can answer;

Are you honestly saying that none of those rads were massively sludged up until the boiler was fitted and they worked perfectly or are you expecting the installer to completely overhaul the system that you have destroyed through years of neglect and penny pinching?

Hey Aqua , don't even contemplate doing an Agile....never to be seen again....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just messin..;)

Not going anywhere. Not saying any of the above is best practice and I always would but M.I's don't demand it.

If boiler faults in the warranty period and the system hasn't been flushed but TDS falls within 10% and pH levels are right will they warranty it? They only ask for a clean system.

Sounds like the OP's isn't clean but thats not the point I'm arguing

Sponsored Links
You have still evaded every question that I have asked of you. How come?
If I may be frank, I haven't answered your questions because of something I learnt from Mark Twain. Go lookup the quote if youre curious. It starts with 'Never argue..'

Just messin..;)

Not going anywhere. Not saying any of the above is best practice and I always would but M.I's don't demand it.

If boiler faults in the warranty period and the system hasn't been flushed but TDS falls within 10% and pH levels are right will they warranty it? They only ask for a clean system.

Sounds like the OP's isn't clean but thats not the point I'm arguing
Just a little light banter Aqua..;)

The whole idea of properly cleaning out an old system prior to a new boiler install is to ensure to minimise the risk of the shiny boiler becoming contaminated, that includes cleaning out the rads. As Muggles mentioned - this is a manufacturer and BS standard that should be followed. If it is bad enough then it would also need powerflushed.

Using a mallet has only loosened the sludge and allowed it to move around the system, it will reappear, hopefully not in the H/E (s). That is not a fix!!

I hate to think how many systems have been fitted where they haven't prepped it correctly and the owners now have issues that the manufacturers wont warranty.

Again, as D_H mentioned, if they aren't forthcoming I'd be getting in touch with WB and see if they would be prepared to help with a site visit.

Sad as it is, most people only look at the bottom line of the estimate ie how much and not the rest of whats contained in said estimate.

Then more often than not they pick the cheapest......... and get a ****e job as a result

such as..

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...512345?hash=item1eaa51e3d9:g:XL8AAOSwKrhVeSnJ

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
OPH - that install looks truly dreadful. And they're using it to advertise their service!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back