Free Honey.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night while sat in my back yard I noticed Bees regularly coming in and out of a small hole through the pointing in the back wall of my house. I'm assuming the've built some kind of hive between the inner and outer walls, does anyone know if this can cause problems?

Sponsored Links
If they're really small bees then you've got "masonry bees" :eek: as you've probably guessed that's where they build their gaff ! as to whether the damage they do is cause for concern - pass ! but I quite like them !! :D

I personally would get rid of them, you may (only may) end up with a swarm, local council should do it f.o.c, look up pest control at your local council

If you aren't too bothered about shifting them and they aren't a danger to anyone why not let them move on themselves after the Summer and point up the access hole when they have gone.

Sponsored Links
If you aren't too bothered about shifting them and they aren't a danger to anyone why not let them move on themselves after the Summer and point up the access hole when they have gone.

Sorry, I seem to have sent this one twice !!

shouldn't worry 'bout swarming, they're solitary like bumble bees !
the holes they use are usually already present in the mortar, so don't squidge 'em as they're part of the pollination nation ! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back