High frequency bee activity on side of outside wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed the other day a lot of bees (2-3 a minute) going in, and coming out of a small hole on the outside of the house brickwork. I think it's very likely that there is a hive within the cavity of the wall :S What's usually the best way to deal with bees? Would/could the council help here? I'm rather worried as I don't want to start having to remove wall the remove the honey and/or the possibility of being overrun by bees.

Sponsored Links
If they are bumble bees, then they don't produce honey. (only honey bees do this) Please don't try to get rid of the bees nest. They'll be gone soon enough and are fairly harmless. If however it's wasps, do whatever you can to kill them (short of burning your house down) ;)

If they are bumble bees, then they don't produce honey. (only honey bees do this) Please don't try to get rid of the bees nest. They'll be gone soon enough and are fairly harmless. If however it's wasps, do whatever you can to kill them (short of burning your house down) ;)

They look like honey bees. Do I not need to worry about the build up of honey in my wall cavities?

No, but you can put a tap in and have it on toast.
:D

Find the hole and in the winter fill it and all others.

Sponsored Links
The number of honey bees has declined over the last few years,
so much so if the numbers carry on declining Scientists reckon there will be insufficent to pollenate crops,
Without bees Mankind could only exist for another four years

And you want to kill them !!!!!! :evil:

The OP has said nothing about wanting to kill them, only about being worried about a build up of honey in his/her cavities.

TBH it's not something to be worried about.

If they are not harming you then leave them alone and in the winter when they have naturally dies out you can block up your holes/pointing etc to prevent a revisit. They will find somewhere else.

You could even put a hive in the back garden for them :D

The number of honey bees has declined over the last few years,
so much so if the numbers carry on declining Scientists reckon there will be insufficent to pollenate crops,
Without bees Mankind could only exist for another four years

And you want to kill them !!!!!! :evil:
No worries - just get the incoming Romas into the fields and orchards with their feather dusters - I`ll bet they know a damned sight more about agriculture than the average Joe in this country - and don`t mind working outside ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back