visqueen or bituthene??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The situation is that I have a 9 inch (230mm) retaining block wall where the lane height at the rear is higher than the yard wall, We are up to dpc with my extension and when my building inspector came this morning to check is advising us to pass the 1200g visqueen that will be under the new floor, to run up the inner wall to dpc and take it right through the cavity and through to the outer wall and up along the outer block wall in the cavity between the retaining wall and the outer wall. He ten wants this continuous visqueen run to rise up to the lane level go right back through the outer extension wall and cavity to the outside of the inner wall and the run up to doc level above the lane level back through the inner wall at lane doc level. My builder just does not agree with this. Is anyone still burning the midnight oil ...like me 'cos it's driving me nuts!

Sponsored Links
What does the drawing show?

Its normal, when building a retaining wall that the floor dpm links with a vertical membrane in the retaining wall that then links with the dpc, to prevent any moisture from being able to enter the inside. Not quite sure what your set-up is here though? If no drawing can you do a sketch what's going on?

Hi again, Sorry for the delay replying. Got it all sorted Thanks. The Building Inspector thought we wanted a full tanking system incorporating the 'retaining wall and the extension cavity walls. But the 9 inch block wall is purely a retaining wall and the extension walls protected as normal regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back