Free servicing or CO detectors for the elderly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any one know of any agencies or companies doing free safety servicing or CO detector installation for the elderly or disabled in the Hertfordshire area?

I know British Gas will do a safety check for those on Home Energy Care Register, but I'm looking for something a bit more in depth.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Who can afford to give anything worthwhile away for free?

I'm sorry to say thats a little hopeful especially in the current economical climate. I can only imagine that charities might pay for such a thing, such as Help The Aged. Warmfront offer a rebate scheme but the system needs to be inoperable to qualify.
I offer a discount for exactly this service up til the end of August, but I still have to make a reasonable profit especially in this climate.

Sponsored Links
What makes you think there are companies doing things free and for nothing?
There may be companies that will do a 5 minute job to get a foot in the door for the pushy salesman who subsequently will rip people off. That, in the end, turns out to be very expensive for the "lucky" people who get the free check.
If you would run a company, your job would be to make sure that company makes a profit. Doing things without financial benefit will cause the company to go under, and the staff go on the dole.
A in depth technical assessment will cost something in the region of £50 - £100.
If you can think of a sound reason why companies should spend that sort of money without getting anything in return, you will be able to convince company directors to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back