free standing bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm about to move into a new house that only has a shower and I was wondering if it would be possible to put in a free standing bath that I would fill using the shower and then just empty the same way as the shower would? Any advice please.
Thanks
Sarah

Sponsored Links
If you were wanting to fill a bath by using the shower then you'd be old before it was full....however if you want to stand in a bath rather than a shower tray then I guess you could, so long as you rigged up a shower curtain etc. The drain is still there, after all.
I'm not really sure what you mean?
Cheers John :)

It's to actually take a bath, I have a young baby and like to share a bath with him and the idea of sharing a shower isn't as good. I hadn't thought about the speed of filling a bath with a shower- damm, any more good ideas?

Sponsored Links
Are you replacing the existing shower tray/cubicle with the bath? Probably wouldnt be a major job to connect water supplies to the new bath, waste is already there for the existing shower.

I don't suppose the existing shower is electric..... :eek:
If its fed by combi or tank then a conversion is certainly possible.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back