Free Standing Shower Enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please can you advise where I can get a free standing shower enclosure, this is for a wet-room.

When I had the wet-room built for my mother in a wheelchair we had it designed so that water would not run down but unfortunately does.

Can I fit a wedge like they have in the swimming pool showers to stop water running down?

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Admin – Please move to the correct forum if it’s in the wrong one.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your options depend on the floor construction and covering.

For example, I have a wetroom with Altro flooring. It's sculpted in such a way that the water stays where it's intended, but if it wasn't then I could cut the flooring, fit a barrier, and have a new piece of flooring patched in by an Altra fitter.

What floor and flooring do you have?

Thanks for your reply Softus,

I have a concrete floor with tiles.

In that case you can buy these units from most suppliers of plumbing products, for example B&Q and I assume you mean the following shower unit -:
Shower_Unit.jpg

If this is the case, it can be secured to almost every type of flooring. Especially a concrete, tiled floor.

Using only 2 inlets (hot and cold) and 1 waste these are very easy to fit also.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply dmcplumbing,

But I do not want a shower base because of the wheelchair, I only need an enclosure and the water will run into the gully in the floor and any excess water needs to be contained by the free standing enclosure – Hope I’m making sense

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back