Freesat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anybody got freesat on HD,im'e thinking of changing over from freeview mainly because of no HD on freeview at the moment,if anybody as got freesat? which receiver do you have,it's got to be HD though. BBC have got quite a few channels on HD now,and as it says on the tin "freesat" i don't think any freesat receiver has a twin tuner or DVD Recording at the moment,not unless anybody knows otherwise,or do i wait a little bit longer for upgrades?

Sponsored Links
I'm just looking into the same thing. I've had a Humax DTR freeview box for about a year and that's been great. The same company is about to release a Freesat HD DTR machine at some point over the next month or so and I think it's worth waiting for that. Then you'll have a system comparable to SKY+ but without having to pay that Murdoch bloke any money!

i went to currys and had a word with the techo,and after a good 10 minutes of him explaining the spec of "freesat". i bought the goodmans HD GFSAT200H for £120, with free HDMI cable,i was a bit apprehensive at first,But when i got home and hitched it up to my 32" HD Ready TV i was blown away with it's clarity and vibrant colours and that was only SD,but when i found the HD Channel..WOW..at least 5 times the clarity of SD. But now i want a 42" to wallow in this technology.

Hmmm... Hope that works out for you. Although not having the option to record stuff seems like something I'd miss. SInce I got my Humax DTR I hardly ever watch live telly. Too many adverts...

Sponsored Links
I've got a Humax FoxSat HD box. All in all it's ok. I must say that I don't really like the EPG. Yeah Humax are releasing a twin tuner freesat PVR sometime soon. Things to remember, the bigger the screen, then grainer programmes will appear, even on HD. Other things, the only HD available on freesat is 1080i not 1080p and there aren't as many channels on freesat at the moment.

I purchased a Humax Foxsat - HD box and set it up. The only way I can get it to work is to have the box as the only connection to the satellite dish. I have a plumbed in tv aerial system in my house so as soon as I put any other outlet on the system the signal to the freesat box goes. Incidently the outlet from the tv aerial and the satellite dish are combined at the aerial into one lead.

I think I need to boost the satellite output and maybe the combined signal from the TV aerial and Satellite dish. Any suggestions to the solution maybe a signal amplifier, maybe a different dish or realign the existing dish? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks 2scoops. This is an existing installation and I have not been up on the roof to look at it yet. However I can see that the lead from the satellite dish and the one from the TV aerial go into a box which is attached to the mast and one lead goes from the box into the loft. This may well be a normal installation but I have not dealt with satellite dishes before and expected that there would be separate leads into the loft and separate leads around the house. However from what you have said it seems quite normal to put the signal from the two sources into one multiplex box at the mast and only run one lead into the house.

I am left with now how I boost the signal from the satellite dish. I currently get freeview from the TV aerial which points towards Crystal Palace and it is a good signal which distributes to various outlets round the house with no problem. I think therefore I have to try and boost the satellite signal. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi I have done a bit more investigating and the box on the aerial which combines the satellite signal and TV aerial signal is a Triax TV/Satellite Combiner. It has been suggested to me to run separate cables from each aerial which in my case is no big deal, so I will try that. If anybody has any other suggestions they would be appreciated

You cannot simply split satellite signals like you can with Aerial feeds and have them work with different receivers. You would need a multi output LNB to do that.

Do you have a de-multiplexing faceplate to split the Aerial and Satellite? You would need one of those installed where the Freeview and Satellite box are.

Things like loftboxes can be useful to distribute TV signals around the house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-noise_block_converter

You cannot simply split satellite signals like you can with Aerial feeds and have them work with different receivers. You would need a multi output LNB to do that.

Do you have a de-multiplexing faceplate to split the Aerial and Satellite? You would need one of those installed where the Freeview and Satellite box are.

Things like loftboxes can be useful to distribute TV signals around the house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-noise_block_convert[/QUOTE] wrong topic

wrong topic

tongue00154kq.gif

Sponsored Links
Back