freeview

• Thread starter Bodgeit and scarper ltd
  • Start date
B

Bodgeit and scarper ltd

I have a Labgear Free-to-Air Satellite Kit that I got from screwfix £39.99 “bargain” its pointed at Astra2 I get more channels than freeview/freesat, but not all the freeview/freesat ones
Is there a way I can pick up both? Like a motorised dish and a different box. I can use the screwfix setup in my shed.

The screwfix kit is ok if you throw away the mounting bolts, f plug connectors and the instructions.
https://www.screwfix.com/prods/8087...als-Fixings/Labgear-Free-to-Air-Satellite-Kit

Sponsored Links
You wont get any Freeview channels off any satellite as Freeview is terrestrial only. Off Sky you get Sky Freesat and the other is freesat. Note the small "f" on freesat. They are totally separate and you need two separate receiving boxes to receive them and two dishes or an LNB with two outputs.

thanks pellow it all makes sense now :eek: so if i want to watch the dave channel i will change rooms and watch it on the freevew TV

Sponsored Links
There are a few freeview channels which are not available on free-to-air Yesterday, Dave, Sky whatever etc. However they are available with Sky.

Also reverse Films for Men etc are not on freeveiw.

Also some odd ones Elvis Vegas which is not on Sky but is on free to air. No option to enter into old Sky boxes either.

My son-in-law uses 90 inch dish and watches Turkish TV with my ex-Lidi box and I have been temped to up-grade one of mine. But since using Sky+ which is so easy to set to record I find we lose programs because not watched in time so why get any more?

However the cheap free-to-air box does not even register on meter in stand-by mode where sky box uses around 15W in stand-by and the wake up timer works well. Only down side is rubbish electronic program guide with only now and next.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back