Is Freeview worth the effort?

I was thinking the same. He'd reached his decision himself.

Sponsored Links
No I was considering fitting an aerial, in the early days of Freeview and Freesat it seemed there was a problem if people not living in the UK could receive UK programs, at one point you could buy a card for one off fee of £25 to allow one to get programs only licensed for broadcast in the UK. Seem to remember More 4, and Channel 4 for example were encrypted on satellite.

However from what you and others have said, it seems that is no longer the case. So fitting an aerial for freeview is at bottom of the to do list. There are some advantages linked to the old sets I have, the LG TV has built in hard drive and will record direct from Freeview, however it will not permit one to record from a HDMI input, but with all the catch up TV that is not so important now, so when all other jobs done maybe. But bottom of list.

Sponsored Links
I've experienced the same sort of thing here.
You ask for advice, it is given and gratefully accepted, but then if you dare to say that you've decided to go in a different direction you are derided for it, sometimes with rather offensive statements.
I'll say no more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back