Freezer dfrost issue for fridge top part not getting cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a fridge freezer with water dispenser, tall Samsung thing, anyway I noticed the fridge got warmer but the freezer is fine, the fridge part wont go back to cold temperature. I did usual things look for blockages etc and found none between the top to the bottom but I noticed ice behind the freezer part that takes air back up so bingo, turned off for a few days and got rid of ice and then the fridge part worked great again for 2 weeks until the ice built back up again in the freezer.

Question: is the defroster broken in the freezer part and if so any point getting someone out to fix?

Am I better buying a single new fridge and chucking this away?

thanks

Sponsored Links
There is usually a fan to circulate the cold air from the freezer up to the fridge, cold air will not rise. Check, if you have one that the blades are clean & free to turn

yeah I had a look at the fan its still turning but at the back of the freezer wall it ices last time I let it dry out and the fridge was cold again I think its the ice buildup on the back wall of the freezer that's doing it but that should not happen?
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back