Freezer Temp Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Over the last few days my freezer alarm has been going off and the only way to stop it is just hit the fast freeze button and leave it on.

Anyone know why it would do this? The door is certainly closed properly. Could it be an issue with the door seal or maybe the thermostat?

Is there any harm in leaving the freezer on with the fast freeze button on?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Fridge Freezer?

Typically a FF only has one refrigerant loop, with a termostat in the fridge. Hence if the outside temp gets to or close to the fridge temp it will never run. Fridge will be fine, but the freezer section will defrost, hence they have the alarm.

Fast-freeze normally just locks out the termostat and runs it flatout as far as i know, which wont harm it, but will use more electricity than normal and may result in the fridge section becoming too cold and or freezing.

Daniel

Thanks for the reply. It's an I desist freezer only.

So I guess the same question still applies really. Could it be the thermostat?

Thanks

Is it a frost free freezer ? If so it may be the element or cut outs at fault so therefore it isnt self defrosting thus restricting air flow if it isnt a frost free then as the alarm is going off it wont be a thermostat more likely something with the system (compressor / gas ). The fast freeze function should not be used more than 2 hours.

Sponsored Links
Hi

It's not a frost free freezer and generally seems to fine most if the time.

I've been doing a bit of experimenting with it and aha seems to happen is that when the alarm goes off, it sounds for about 8 iterations and then goes off.

So I'm a little stumped, it. Detail doesn't appear to defrost at all.

Anyone got any ideas?

Ta

A. Is the freezer running when the alarm comes on (before you turn of FF)

B. What's the temperature in the freezer

Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back