Freezers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, my freezer was all clogged up with ice so i got a hammer and a screwdriver and started chipping it away. Upon doing this, i punctured the plastic lining of the freezer and it started spraying air or gas or something at me. I realised this probably wasn't good, so i blocked the hole up with ice and it's sort of frozen over now. I then realised as some of the ice cleared that i've made about 4 holes with the screwdriver in different places although only one of them sprayed stuff out.

Is the freezer now ********?
What is this stuff spraying out?
What can i do about it?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
yes the freezer is b*****ed

refrigerant gas is spraying out

take it to the tip.

donlogan said:
Hello, my freezer was all clogged up with ice so i got a hammer and a screwdriver and started chipping it away.

I'd hate to see how you get stubbon stains off your car :D

Er, can i fix it with something for the time being?

And i qualify as an electrician in about 4 weeks so i'll consult me then.

Sponsored Links
Ha. Ha. Ha.

Thanks for your time spent doing that, but i've just bought a new one for £25 and it's a frost free one. That means i stand less chance of taking a hammer and screwdriver to the ****** again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back