Freezing pipes to move radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is old topic. Is it possible to freeze pipes to upstairs radiator, insert push fit inline valves to isolate the system and then move radiator to different wall. I have a combi boiler system, and can't find the system drain valve.

Sponsored Links
I'm not saying how correct it is, but I've successfully done the same thing but used compression service valves on the pipes.

What do you mean 'in line valves' ? Isolation valves?? if so they should not be fitted to a heating system. What your suggesting about freezing is possible but remember you will have 1-2 bar pressure both sides of the feeze point......ie it will spurt.

Finally, no drain point.....why don't you instead of doing what your proposing find a suitable low point, freeze, cut the pipe and fit a drain valve......then you can do the work you propose properly and future maintenace will be easier.....or ask the fitter where he installed it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back