Removing a radiator and moving another help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive moved a stud wall, and now have radiator pipes in the middle of the room, my plan is to totally remove one of the radiators pipes, by putting a straight run through from the two old valves. The other i plan on moving the valves about 2 foot with new pipe and conceal in the stud wall ready for my towel radiator.

Am i correct in thinking that the above wont cause any problems?

When i drain the system its a combi boiler do i.

Turn power off to boiler,
open drain valve in celler and fit hose to drain
open upstairs rad valves
Drain the system (does this need to be totally?)
Do the work required
Fit towel rad
Fill the system
bleed rads downstairs, then bleed upstairs

Have i missed anything important

Andy

Sponsored Links
Your first paragraph is not very clear, if you was reading that to a blind man do you think he would understand exactly what it was you are intending to do, if you conceal the pipes in the stud wall how are you going to get to themin the future ???

Right i have the valves and thermostats for 2 radiators in my bathroom now.

I want to remove 1 radiator totally, so i plan to cut them off under the floor and fit some plastic pipe between the pipes.

The second radiators valves and thermostat i plan to cut off under the floor run new pipe through a stud wall and out of the wall using an elbow valve to the towell radiator, I dont want to run pipes out of the floor as they always gather dust, if i ever need to get to the pipes, ill just cut the area away and repair, then replaster and paint.

Is this now easier to understand? the rest of the post remains the same

Andy

now its a bit clearer dont join the two pipes, just cut back as far as you can and cap off, or you will create a byepass for the rest of the system

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that am i correct in my ideas for the rest of the work? i,e draining the heating system and moving the other pipes.

will push fittings be enough to cap off the pipes?

I would not use push fit they have been known to blow off,
as for the rest of your plan it seems ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back