Freezing Water

Ok guy,

The system is fixed! i managed to sort it our about an hour ago. I would like to say thanks to all of those here who helped me out. Funnily enough this is what was wrong.

When I turned both of the taps to re pressurise the boiler the one on the right did not turn with the consistency of the one on the left. It felt a bit loose. I thought nothing of it.

In a conversation with my neighbour she said that it was a newly fitted boiler done by some friends of the couple who had moved out. Again thought little of this at the time. When looking at it again i noticed that the tap had a screw through the middle and it suddenly hit me that maybe the person who in stalled it did not screw the tap on tight enough or it had become loose over time. Thus meaning that as i turned it on it was not actually opening the valve. I Phillips screwdriver later and the swat sound and sight of the boiler re pressurising filled me with joy! thanks again for the help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back