Freezing Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm a newbie to DIY and particular boilers. I have a Glow worm Flexicom 24cx. When i first moved in to the house it all worked fine and had plenty of hot water. However not the hot water is not so forthcoming. The pressure constantly says 0.4 bar and begins to flash just after the hot water is turned on and the water starts to go cold almost instantly.

I worked out if I pressed reset and let the boiler work for about 30 mins i would get enough hot water to take a shower. I realise that its to do with the pressure but i have absolutely no clue how to fix it.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have the manual? If so it points to how you repressurise your boiler.There are two taps built in and underneath the boiler.When system is cold turn these taps on and refill to 1 bar and then shut them both off.Job done.

I do have the users guide but not sure it is the main manual, It says nothing about how to re pressurise. Will give it a go though!

Thanks

As 45yearsagasman said section 11 of the manual shows you how to repressurise your boiler. Should be 1.0 bar when the system is cold.

If you need the manual put an email address in your profile.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the manual,

I have opened both taps:

Nothing happened.

I have opened both taps + pressed reset:

Started to make some noise, pressure went up to 0.6 then stopped and dropped back to 0.5

I did this again and also turned on the heating. The central heating temp started to rise. I turned it of and it continued to make a noise for longer before eventually stopping and dropping back to 0.4.

Bit confused now.

Could e a couple of things, if you have low mains pressure, try topping up the boiler tonight whan mains pressures tend to be higher.

Or your pressure sensor may be faulty and not giving true pressure readings.

The internal filling loops of those boiler very often fail.

Mr. W.

Could e a couple of things, if you have low mains pressure, try topping up the boiler tonight whan mains pressures tend to be higher.

Or your pressure sensor may be faulty and not giving true pressure readings.

Ok i'll wait until tonight then try again! If the reader is faulty that would mean however that the water should still be hot?

Replace it, (or get in someone that can).

Its a simple job though, as its all 'o' rings and clips. The manual clearly explains how its done if you fancy diying it.

Judging by your other comments, it does sound as if you have extremely low water pressure.

Mr. W.

When the filling loops fail on these, they let by and the boiler over pressurises. :cry: You heard water flowing when you opened them so it will not be faulty.

The reason you have no hot water is the boiler will not fire up if the pressure reading is below 0.5 bar. When the pump kicks in it raises the pressure slightly (at least 0.1 bar). If it fails to do this you get a F9 fault. Also when the system is hot water expands when heated so this will raise the pressure as well. ;)

When the filling loops fail on these, they let by and the boiler over pressurises. :cry: You heard water flowing when you opened them so it will not be faulty.

The reason you have no hot water is the boiler will not fire up if the pressure reading is below 0.5 bar. When the pump kicks in it raises the pressure slightly (at least 0.1 bar). If it fails to do this you get a F9 fault. Also when the system is hot water expands when heated so this will raise the pressure as well. ;)

Ok, That seems to explain quite a bit! :) Thanks

Judging by your other comments, it does sound as if you have extremely low water pressure.

Mr. W.

Any particular reason why I may have low water pressure?

It sounds weird as it was working for the first 4/5 months of me living here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back