French Communications Data Outlet Wiring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

One of my friends is planning on renovating a house completely in France, and he has asked me to sort out the Comms part of the house.

From what I have read here: http://www.legrand.com/files/fck/File/pdf/Guide-International.pdf

There needs to be a data outlet in every room of the house (RJ-45 type).

Now, I'm guessing the Network closet (Where all of the Network Cables come together) has to be near the electricians board.

Are there any regulations on this in France?

Do the Data Outlets need to be connected to a 'switch' to meet regulations, or can I just leave them without being patched in?

When I put in the Network in my house in the UK, I was able to put cables wherever I wanted and put the central switch wherever I wanted. Do French regulations permit this?

Finally, are there any regulations which regulate the types of RJ-45 termination boxes I can use where they all come together? What I mean is, can I simply put 5 RJ-45 boxes next to each other (containing the infrastructure cabling to every room) and have patch cables coming out of them into the switch, or do I have to use a 1U 24-Port Patch Panel for example?

Is there any chance anyone can advise me on these questions and can (if possible) provide me a link to a website covering this topic on RJ-45 outlets? The one I have linked is the only one I could find.

Cheers,

Chris

Sponsored Links
All the data cables go back to a central point where the consumer unit is, viz the GTL. They don't need to go to a switch.

Suggest you get a copy of "Electricity in your French house" by Thomas Malcolm. It is in English and available on Amazon.

Thanks for the reply winston1,

I've managed to track down a preview copy on Google Books for free so I'll be having a very close look at that.

Is it really necessarily to spend £39 to get it from Amazon? It seems very expensive!

Also the only one I can seem to find is the: "Electricity in your French house : Rules and techniques explained in English"... Which is in French. What is with that?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electricity...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1335566443&sr=1-1

Thanks again,

Chris[/u]

Sponsored Links
Back