French door drafty. Roller keeps don't look right.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a property with a upvc French door. Locking it last night I noticed a right draft coming in above and below the handle where it's not quite closing tight. Had a look at the roller keeps and they don't look like they are the right ones.

20150419_085539.jpg

Anybody know which ones should be there? those ones just don't seem to fit properly.

edit: It's a lockmaster lock on the door.

Sponsored Links
Patio door as in sliding door? That definitely doesn't look like a patio door keep. Do you mean French doors?

Can you post some more pics of the whole door and the locking gear on the closing edge?

Sponsored Links
they don't look like usual Lockmaster Keeps I have to say. Is it possible someone has changed the actual Lock but not the keeps. A quick google search for Lockmaster Roller Keeps should show you want

Its the correct style but it isn't sat neatly.

Have you tried tightening the mushroom cams and the locking plate?

I've not tried adjusting the rollers yet because they are only just engaging the keep and then I saw that the keeps didn't seem to sit flat.

I shouldn't worry to much about the keep being tilted.
You can throw the door over a bit by adjusting the hinges then tighten up the seal by adjusting the cams and locking plate.

can I move the keep closer to the roller? in the looked position, probably only half the roller is in the keep. I'm thinking it should be more?

You never normally get to get the whole roller behind, the doors will clap together elsewhere if you try

adjusted the cam on the rollers and it didn't help much. moved the keeps up about 5mm and it's now pulling in tight, no drafts!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back