French door question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Had some windows and doors fitted. Really happy except for this bit at the bottom of the French doors. No idea what you would call this (weather bar?).

Doesn't look level and not the same lengh.

Is it correct? Should the middle bits go all the way to the end? If wrong, can it be rectified?

Any comments before I call them up.

Attachments

• 20210817_161533.jpg
    20210817_161533.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 20210817_161540.jpg
    20210817_161540.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 114
Sponsored Links
It needs a bit of a gap to avoid it hitting the vertical door sill. You may be able to get an end cap to tidy it up, or perhaps put some white silicon in?

It just looks like cheap quadrant strip, which has been stuck in place, with the raw cut edges on display. I would ask them to find something more suitable.

It just looks like cheap quadrant strip, which has been stuck in place, with the raw cut edges on display. I would ask them to find something more suitable.

Nope thats proper drip bar. Quadrant trim is normal solid through. This is hollow ( ish ) so that it can fix over the screws that hold it to the door

Sponsored Links
PVC drip bar, comes in lengths and is cut to size, tolerances need to be left at each end for expansion and also so the drip fitted to the main 'master' door doesn't catch the flying muillion fitted to the slave door, can sometimes be cut at a slight angle to create a leading edge. Also unless they've been super glued on these will probably still slide on the button screws, could try equalling them out, if not the new ones need to be cut

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Door-Wea...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Nope thats proper drip bar. Quadrant trim is normal solid through. This is hollow ( ish ) so that it can fix over the screws that hold it to the door

No, I have a few yards of it in my workshop right now, bought a few weeks ago. It is sold as and was bought as 'Quadrant Trim' and under the hard surface is expanded plastic. Cut, it leaves a rough end face. You can see the rough end face in the op's second photo.

Hi Harry what your talking about is plain and simple pvc quadrant, foam filled with a hard outer, the OP has a proper drip bar (zoomed in)as per my link above, you can see it's chambered and hollow

Screenshot_20210818-194833.jpg

Hi Harry what your talking about is plain and simple pvc quadrant, foam filled with a hard outer, the OP has a proper drip bar (zoomed in)as per my link above, you can see it's chambered and hollow

Ok, my apologies in close up it is obvious, but it still looks unfinished. It needs ends pieces to be fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back