French doors or...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys,

I am planning to replace a rear ground floor window in a 1930s semi with a door of some description, the opening dimensions will become 2370 (h) x 2145 (w).

Do you think French doors will be my best option? Bi fold doors are double the price and sliding patio doors are a bit dated in my opinion.

A disadvantage of installing French doors is that I would need a top window and two side windows because of the height and width.

Have I got any other options?

Cheers Dan,

Sponsored Links
A disadvantage of installing French doors is that I would need a top window and two side windows because of the height and width.

Have I got any other options?

Brick up the opening so that you have a "typical" double door opening i.e. 2100mm x 1575mm.

Why is having side and top lights a disadvantage?

Have a chat with your local Joinery workshop ,on the spot they will give you options and ball park figures in a ten minute chat A nice pair of wooden french door's will give any property some class.

Sponsored Links
Would you be happy with a door size of 1545mm ?? This would leave you with 300mm side panels, a 300 drop on the top lite should be ok. This can be made in one or be made in 3 to be coupled together. Price £600-£800

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back