french electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am in the process of rewiring my french farmhouse but i will need to to do this the correct way,i have done several rewires in the uk then got a qualified sparky to check the work and connect to mains and replace rcd box for new,I want to do the same in france but need an idiot proof diagram, bearing in mind i will have the usual electrical household goods as in the uk like lots of tvs ,computers and so on.

Sponsored Links
This should be in "Electrics outside UK "

Do a search in that forum for NFC15-100 which is the current set of regulations and you should find a translation that someone did some while back.

Unless it's for your peace of mind, you don't need an electrician to check your work and in any case they cannot " sign it off" if the building is currently disconnected from the mains.

The only people who can do this are a quango called the CONSUEL ( look on Net for local offices) who , for a fee of around E 105, will come and make the checks they want, give you a certificate if OK and then EDF will come and connect the mains power to their unit.

Sponsored Links
mointainwalker";p="1927430 said:
This should be in "Electrics outside UK "

"Do a search in that forum for NFC15-100 which is the current set of regulations and you should find a translation that someone did some while back."

I would really need this NFC15-100 translated but I'm not able to find it.
Search did not return any results. Can somebody post a link to this material?
Or anywhere else on the net

Thanks a lot

Dan

Back