French minister names cat ‘Brexit’ because?

N

nauseous

‘he meows to go out, then won’t leave’ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/18/french-minister-names-cat-brexit-meows-go-wont-leave-8931842/

It’s pretty hard to raise a smile about Brexit these days, but France’s Brexit minister has done the impossible and come up with a genuine LOL-worthy moment – by naming her cat Brexit. Nathalie Loiseau, who’s in charge of France’s preparation for Britain’s depature, has truly excellent reasoning for it, too. Speaking to French newspaper Le Journal du Dimanche, she said......

‘He wakes me up every morning meowing to death because he wants to go out. Loiseau said ‘And then when I open the door he stays in the middle, undecided, and then gives me evil looks when I put him out.’

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte came up with his own Brexit joke this week, comparing Theresa May to the Monty Python knight who goes on fighting even after his limbs are cut off.

‘She reminds me occasionally of that character from Monty Python where all the arms and legs are cut off but he then tells the opponent: ‘Let’s call it a draw.’ ‘She’s incredible. She goes on and on. At the same time, I do not blame her, but British politics.’ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
I suppose that for diplomatic reasons he can't point out that she is entirely to blame for her current predicament. Right from the point where she decided to stand for leader and through every single decision she has made, she has done this to herself.

Unfortunately she has comprehensively f****d the country at the same time.

That cat needs skinning. There's more than one way to skin a cat though. Wait and see.....

Sponsored Links
I suppose that for diplomatic reasons he can't point out that she is entirely to blame for her current predicament. Right from the point where she decided to stand for leader and through every single decision she has made, she has done this to herself.

Unfortunately she has comprehensively f****d the country at the same time.
its hard to see how she could've done a worst job really.

I was speaking metaphorically.
Metaphorically speaking.....
The reason it refuses to go out is because it had the silly idea in its head that outside was better than inside. It's only when the door is open and it sees the outside for real, that it realises, "actually, I'm not sure I want to go out today. Can I stay in a bit longer, please, please?"

Probably, when the door shuts, if it's outside, it's FUBAR, and if it's inside, it'll want to get out again.
I think, when it was outside, I'd shut, lock and bar the door so it couldn't contemplate coming back in.
In fact, I'd lay down strict conditions, "you ask to go out again, and you're out, no ifs or buts about it!"

Metaphorically speaking.....
If it was a pampered cat club inside, there was a group of other cats outside who wanted in, and one or two more cats might be allowed in from time to time, but only under strict rules and conditions...........

Last edited:
Metaphorically speaking, it's my cat, I will get it out but I may have to use subterfuge to get it out and there's more than one way to do that...….

Anyway, in our house we have a name for French politicians. We've been using it since the last war. We call them cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

Last edited:
Metaphorically speaking, it's my cat, I will get it out but I may have to use subterfuge to get it out and there's more than one way to do that...….
Metaphorical subterfuge? Hmm, how does that work? ;)

You been feeding your cat on mixed metaphors?

All May be revealed on the 28th March. Watch this space.
Did you mean May might be exposed on 28th March?
That'll be a news blackout for me, then, on that day! Yuk!
She'll do anything to get her Deal through!

Was his last cat called David Cameron and got killed playing chicken on the road?

He thought never in a million years would the car hit him, then it did.

Was his last cat called David Cameron and got killed playing chicken on the road?

He thought never in a million years would the car hit him, then it did.
It wasn't the car's fault. Car's don't kill cats, drivers do!
Who was driving? I bet it was some Euro-septic loon (Intentional misspelling.)

HANG ON!
Cats can't play chicken!
Well, not in my experience.

I bet this was some propaganda put about by Brexiteers, "cats playing chicken". Whatever next!

It was all Daves fault, the fluffy little bastard. He should not have put himself in the road.

He caused his family a lot of grief!!
It was Dave playing the chicken, not the cat?
Why was Dave, playing the chicken, crossing the road? Boom boom!

You've lost me. Can we rewrite the script, so I can follow the plot?

Sponsored Links
Back