French will have control over checks and delays at Calais if no deal happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
LOL, I've not met a brexer who thought we could control overseas customs. Are these fictional brexers you mention something you've read about in the daily mail?

If we no deal, we lose all trade deals.

We then need to negotiate new ones, from a position of 0 trade deals..... whilst we are still trading.

Huge loss of control.

Not sure what overseas customs has to do with anything

Sponsored Links
What, you have never heard of the customs union? Perhaps you need to swat up on our seamless arrangement with the EU. It allows the free movement of goods between EU members. It is a fantastic arrangement lauded the world over and is testament to the biggest trading bloc on the planet. Millions of tonnes of goods are moved quickly as a result. Business and manufacture rely upon that swift supply and a bustling proliferation of trade has been built around it.
Failed experiment..newsflash..pacific rim is new powerhouse...!!.keep up.

You cant undo 40 years of integration without substantial damage.

And if the UK leaves it will lose all its 759 trade agreements covering thousands and thousands of products.
I believe the WTO tariff list covers 19,000items.

The UK cant stop trading while it builds new trade deals, which take years.

Under a no deal, the UK loses a huge amount of negotiating power, so the deals it gets will be worse.

Am I missing something here? did we leave yesterday without a deal while I was taking a nap?

After Brexit the UK still be in regulatory alignment with the EU,British businesses that are sending stuff into the EU are already in alignment with EU regulations, the day after leaving nothing much would have changed so why would the EU stop British exports into Europe.
Over time there would be divergence but those problems can be sorted as they arise.

After Brexit the UK still be in regulatory alignment with the EU,British businesses that are sending stuff into the EU are already in alignment with EU regulations, the day after leaving nothing much would have changed so why would the EU stop British exports into Europe.
Over time there would be divergence but those problems can be sorted as they arise.

So.

If we leave no deal, the EU can do whatever they like.

Read Article 50 we leave all institutions and 3rd country status applies.

We would have to trade under WTO rules, so customs checks and psperwork will be needed.....how else can new tariffs be imposed.

Regulatory divergance may not happen overnight, but the EU wont know when we might import beef with hormones.......

Your argumentbis rather odd, because you said you have chosen to leave the EU and single market but you still want the benefits of frictionless trade......you could have that, just dont leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back