Frequent Error 01 Vokera Linea

Reaction score
Hi,

I have Vokera Linea combo boiler which has recently startling giving error 01 (no ignition at hot water or heating).

The issue was occasional initially so I called gas safe engineer wet who serviced the boiler and said it should be fine. The. The problem appeared again after a month or so and I called another Gas Safe engineer who did same thing and assured me the boiler should be ok now.

However now the boiler has stared the same thing after couple of months. It has been pretty regular during Jan/Feb. Every time I open hot water tab the boiler doesn’t ignite. I have to switch off and switch on the boiler and then it works - sometime after 2/3 attempts.

I have small children in the house so conscious if it completely stops one day. Other concern is 2 Gas Safe engineers couldn’t fix the root cause so I am not sure if it is worth calling them again considering call out charges and service fee when the issue is not being fixed.

I wanted to take some expert advice and help from yourselves if there is anything I can do. I am normally pretty good in opening and fixing normal things (DIYs etc) but considering boilers are complicated machines I wanted to see if someone can provide any guidance / help.

Appreciate your time and help.

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
unfortunately it could be many things, when it does it have a listen and see if you can hear the ignition electrode sparking,if you cant its a pre ignition problem, if it is sparking its a gas supply/valve problem

Thanks Ian for your reply. I can hear the ignition and boiler try to start but flame doesn’t turn on. Also the problem is more in the morning or after boiler has not been used for few hours. Once I switch off and on multiple times (normally 4-5 times first thing in the morning), then it works fine afterwards if open or close hot water tap. However then have the same problems after it being unused for few hours. So looks like the problem is when it is not being used for few hours.

Anything I can do to fix anything or cleanup electrodes etc if that’s the problem. Any help? Do you know how much it could cost if I have to an engineer route?

Thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
sounds like the gas valve is sticking which is not something you can change yourself, also if you have another gas appliance, say a hob or cooker or fire, try them first thing in the morning ans see if they are affected, if they are its the Meter regulator sticking and you gas transporter would replace that FOC if it is that, if you tell us where you are, if you need an engineer maybe someone could recommend someone that covers your area

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back