Fridge and cooling problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My fridge is not cooling properly. It is a new fridge. I suspect the problem is that it is near a heat source; the pipes for our radiators run along the base board behind it. The fridge is about 5cm from the wall. If I run my hand down the back of the fridge near the top and the middle of the fridge the temperature feels normal but near the bottom the heat from the pipes is noticeable.

Unfortunately, this is the most convenient spot for the fridge.

What are my options? Would wrapping the pipes in insulation help? The only other thing I can do is move it away from the wall slightly, as well as to the left (it is near another wall on the left).

Sponsored Links
Sure, get some of the tubular insulation that you can slide on, as its split down its length. The heat losses then will be minimal and your fridge should be much happier.
John :)

So you think it'll make a difference? It's certainly a cheap solution.

Ok. So I will move it away from the heat source slightly and insulate. I will report in about a week.

Sponsored Links
For sure, the fridge will have a problem dispersing its own heat if the ambient temperature is already warm. Lag the pipes, leave no gaps and I'm sure all will be well.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back