Fridge Freezer advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am buying my first Fridge Freezer and haven't got a clue

I've been to one of the whitegoods shops, where they sell shop/factory dented/scratched goods.

From what I can an average size beko is £180 and average size hotpoint is £190

What are you thoughts?
(the ones I was looking at were Beko CDA554 and Hotpoint RFA52)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Bit of info from the recent "Which" report on Fridge Freezers. I am looking at the £290 and under ones

Best buys are:

Frigidaire
FRC150FF

Frigidaire
FRC150FFS

Indesit
BAN12NF

If you tell me any other particular model I can see if it was tested.

Of the ones you looked at, both are at teh cheap end, Beko CDA554  looks fair but not a best buy (slow to freeze) but maintains temperature well, it is not Frost Free and scored 62%; Hotpoint RFA52 similar comments, has rather a small fridge, should not be used in rooms cooler than 16C and scored higher at 67%

Also, be aware that the "frost free" freezers are a lot less reliable. They often get blocked with frost and ice in the hidden channels at the back, and you have to turn then off for a couple of days to thaw out :(

Here is the reliability table that you may find useful (best at the top). Percentage is FFs that DIDN'T break down within 6 years of purchase:

Brand Score
Siemens 96%
Beko 95%
Liebherr 91%
LG 91%
Neff 91%
Bosch 91%
Servis 90%
Indesit 90%
Hotpoint 90%
Candy 88%
Electrolux 88%
AEG/AEG-Electrolux 88%
Hoover 88%
Zanussi/Zanussi-Electrolux 87%
Miele 87%
Whirlpool 78%
Samsung 77%

dont touch the hotpoint 52 they are being recalled due to a design fault water freezeing in the bottom draws and over frosting.will be on watchdog shortly :eek:

rocks1, I didn't see that on the review sites I looked at. Where did you hear it?

Sponsored Links
you wont find that out on which . also the indesit ban12 has a fault pcb makes a lound buzzing noise ,changeing them as well its all secret squirrel at the mo ;) .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back