Fridge Freezer fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi fridge freezer model ZNB404W, and the fridge seems to have stopped. The fridge setting is displaying a flat line at the temperature setting whereas the freezer reading is 18.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sometimes the freezer drain hole can ice up or the non return valve at the end of the drain tube can block up both these cause the water to back up then in turn turns to ice jamming the fan in the freezer so check the fan is operating if it is it could be the defrost element or cut-outs that have caused the evaporator to build up into a solid block of ice therefore restricting the airflow

Thanks for your reply.

We have today emptied the fridge/freezer and switched off and will leave for 24hrs to thaw out any possible blocks.

Have checked the drain tube and removed the valve, does not appear blocked and 3hrs after switching off we have a small drop of water in the container.

Tha fan appears to work, as it seem to have been operating continuously since all this started, I suppose it is because the fridge is warm and is calling for cooler air, when I open the fridge door it stops which I assume is how it should be.

Any further thoughts if this should not rectify the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back