Fridge/freezer guarantee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son had an LG fridge/freezer, about 4 years old, which failed. He spoke to LG who said if it's the compressor that's failed, it has a 10-year guarantee, but he'd have to pay for the the labour. He didn't go that route, but is it legal?
I remember from many years ago a discussion about new car guarantees, where they would have the same terms, get you to sign up for that implying they were doing you a favour, when in fact you were signing away your rights. I understand things were changed so they paid for everything, but I've never bought a new car so no personal experience.

Anybody comment?

Sponsored Links
yes its legal even iff it they are lying through there teeth as domestic apppliances do not come under criminal law

ok joking asside the terms off the gtee need to be checked as that is fully a contract not controlled by any law as such its just a statement saying what additional support they may offer iff you meet the preconditions [difficult hoops] they give you
you have the "fit for purpose " off merchantable quality " consumer rights but that relies on item cost and quality as in a £110 fridge wont be expected to last as long as a £600 one

yes its legal even iff it they are lying through there teeth as domestic apppliances do not come under criminal law

ok joking asside the terms off the gtee need to be checked as that is fully a contract not controlled by any law as such its just a statement saying what additional support they may offer iff you meet the preconditions [difficult hoops] they give you
you have the "fit for purpose " off merchantable quality " consumer rights but that relies on item cost and quality as in a £110 fridge wont be expected to last as long as a £600 one
OK, I suppose legal is a bit heavy, but I didn't think there was anything criminal going on. More a question of current practice and whether they're all at it.

To be fair, it does say that labour is chargeable after 2 months on their website.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back