Fridge freezer is warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Daewoo FRS-2021ial fridge freezer which is warm , Motor is running and lights all working , Any ideas on a fix ? ,

Sponsored Links
Does it have a frost-free freezer?

(look down)

Does it have a frost-free freezer?

(look down)
Tried that , I turned it back on at 7am this morning and still no chill , I can hear a clicking sound every 30secs or so , Could it be the thermostat I'm wondering ,

How long did you defrost it for, unplugged and with doors open?

Had it stopped dripping into the cabinet or the dish at the back?

Sponsored Links
How long did you defrost it for, unplugged and with doors open?

Had it stopped dripping into the cabinet or the dish at the back?
Defrosted for 24hrs with doors open , There was no water at the back to drain , I'm stumped tbh ,

I had same with my frost free freezer motor still making a noise as if running but it clearly was not, the auto defrost must have come on as I heard a noise when it went wrong so switched on spare fridge/freezer left an hour for it to cool then started transfer and stuff at top had started to defrost. I was about £190 new, and they wanted £60 just to come out, repairs on top of that, I assumed motor from noise I heard and decided best option was a new one.

The clicking however could be the over current device. With any single phase motor the start torque is low, so the pressure needs to have equalised before it tried to start, if it has not equalised the overload trips and is designed to not reset until there has been enough time for the pressure to equalise, if there is a volt drop for example running with an extension lead, then the over load can trip an excessive amount of times, and they then fail. It could be the overload you are hearing. Normally renewable and built into the motor.

New fridge/freezer and freezer are both three phase driven with an inverter so that is no longer a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back