Fridge/Freezer tripping RCD every 5 hours

Have got exactly the same issue with the same model fridge freezer. Only difference is, mine is no longer under warranty.

Anyone know what part might likely need replacing? Or would it just be best to abandon and get a new one (which isn't such a crap brand).

Sponsored Links
Hiya, was just wondering if you could help me please :) I see your post and it’s exactly what’s happening with my ff at the moment Only mine is 17m old therefore, out of warranty! Currys & Kenwood don’t want to know; I’ve even said that I’ll obviously pay for a technician etc.

Do you remember exactly what was causing it and what was replaced? We will try to purchase it as a spare then and give it a go

thank you so much

It was the heating element. The repair guy accessed it via the freezer compartment, took him about 20 mins.

Sponsored Links
Most freezer de-frost elements are mineral insulated, the mineral attracts mosture, so slightest damage to seal let's in mosture, so an expected fault.

You can get RCD's with a built in leakage detector that gives some prior warning, seem to remember called X-pole but Google seems to find exotic dancers.

As it if you can simply disconnect the heater I don't know, I.e. turn it into non auto defrost. Never tried it. But would need both lives removing and isolating, line and neutral.

Hiya, was just wondering if you could help me please :) I see your post and it’s exactly what’s happening with my ff at the moment Only mine is 17m old therefore, out of warranty! Currys & Kenwood don’t want to know; I’ve even said that I’ll obviously pay for a technician etc.

Do you remember exactly what was causing it and what was replaced? We will try to purchase it as a spare then and give it a go

thank you so much
The Consumer Rights Act says goods should be of merchantable quality and last a reasonable time (generally regarded as 6 years in England, 5 in Scotland). There is also a EU rule which says there is a minimum guarantee of 2 years. This probably still applies as I don’t thing it has been repealed since we left. The manufacturers warranty is in addition to those legal rights. Kenwood don’t want to know as your contract is with Curry’s who are trying it on. Talk to Curry’s again pointing out you are claiming under the Consumer Rights Act not the warranty. If they still don’t want to know talk to the Citizens Advice Bureau

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back