Fridge Needs to be between 5 and 6 (6 = Max) to get cool then it freezes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have an LEC L5511 fridge and I have been checking the temperature of food inside as things seemed a bit warm (8C). It was on 4 out of 6.

Moved thermostat to 5 and it went down hardly at all. Moved to 6 and everyting froze (ruining lots of veg.

Is it normal for a thermostat to only really work between 5 and 6 on the thermostat and having to inch it up mm by mm 5.2 > 5.4 > 5.6 to find the sweet spot of the recommended 4C temperature. I am on 5.2 and the temp was 6.9C and now I am on 5.4 and am half expecting to find a fridge full of frozen veg again in the morning. The fridge does not have masses in it (about 1/3 full) and it is only opened a couple of times a day (as its a backup fridge in the garage). I was wondering if it might be a duff thermostat. Could it be anything else? I worried that it might be airflow so adjusted the gaps at sides and rear and also checked the seal.

Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
More likely door has been left open or seals are in poor condition and you reacted to it incorrectly.

It could be a duff thermostat if you can rule out leaking door seal etc.

Sponsored Links
Thermostat replaced (difficult to source as chinese) but it fixed the problem completely. Now its at 4C at number 4 out of 6 and 5C at number 3 out of six.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back