Fridge No Longer Cold Enough - IGNIS ARL 757

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an intergrated fridge freezer the ignis arl757, a few months ago i had to turn it up to max to get the fridge cold enough, now i have noticed the temperature is no no longer cold enough so it needs fixed.

Does this sound like something simple i can fix myself or can anyone give me any pointers please.

many thanks
Robert

Sponsored Links
Check any drainage holes are not blocked, if you can see the thermostat phial (the end), is it still in place.
You could always try & full defrost & start again, you may have a compressor fault does it appear to be running more than it did.

Thanks for the reply, the wee drain hole at the back of the fridge is fine. Is the thermostat phail in where the setting dial is or is it on the back somewhere?

As for a defrost i usually defrost the bottom freezer compartment, is a 'full defrost' something more than this?

I have not noticed it running more than usual but it is a quiet machine so i dont usually notice it running at all.

Thanks for the reply, the wee drain hole at the back of the fridge is fine. Is the thermostat phail in where the setting dial is or is it on the back somewhere?

As for a defrost i usually defrost the bottom freezer compartment, is a 'full defrost' something more than this?

I have not noticed it running more than usual but it is a quiet machine so i dont usually notice it running at all.

Sponsored Links
today i had a look at the cupboard door attached to the fridge door, thinking maybe it was not letting the fridge door close properly. It seems i was right, i unscrewed the brackets from the fridge door and it then dropped, it turns out the fridge door was not attached at the bottom hinge and it was the cupboard door that was holding it up but it was not closing correctly. Anyhow a small screwed pin that holds the fridge door on at the bottom bracket had come out, so i refitted this nice and tight and adjusted the cupboard doors and now all seems fine, the fridge temperature is getting colder and colder.

SO job done and im happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back