How to change Thermostat on built-in fridge-freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an IGNIS ARL 757/B built-in Fridge-Freezer. The Freezer works fine but the fridge is not getting cold enough despite coldest thermostat setting. It only gets to 10degrees.

I suspect it is the thermostat that is faulty.

Unfortunately despite several attempts, I am unable to remove the thermostat housing from the wall of the fridge. There are no visible screws to remove.

Has anyone successfully removed this on the same fridge before?

Many thanks for any help received.

Sponsored Links
IMG_6022.JPG
Hi rsgaz,

Thanks for your speedy reply! I'm going to try the above suggestion from that old thread and check the doors are sealing properly - thank you for that.

Yes the knob comes off (although it took some forcing off!). It reveals a nut which is very difficult to undo. Here is a picture of the unit itself:

Have you tried squeezing it top to bottom? Maybe it just clicks in with plastic tabs.

Maybe it's not the nut after all. It ought to be pretty easy, seeing as how that's how to replace the lamp also.

Sponsored Links
Yes. To no avail. Tried to prize it off with a flat-head screw-driver all around the edges of it but it just doesn't budge. Tried pinching and sliding one way or another too.

From my research on the Ignis website... I know you can replace the light switch, the bulb, the bulb housing and the thermostat housing but I just have no idea how all these components come apart from one another without snapping something. Very frustrating as you can imagine...

IMG_1111.jpg

I found this online, which has given me the thought that it must just be held by those 4 plastic tabs which click into the side of the fridge unit.... but there must be a screw also but I have no idea how to get to the screw!

Hi Katie93,
Did you manage to remove the thermostat housing from your Ignis fridge?
I’m also having the same problem with my Ignis fridge, the
thermostat housing just won’t budge so if you did remove it
how did you do it?
Appreciate any info.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back