Fridge not cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Indesit integrated fridge (GSE 160 UK) which is not working! When it's switched on the light comes on and it makes a noise as though the fridge is coming on, so to speak, but it stays warm and doesn't go cold.

Rather than me having to replace the whole unit at this stage, is there anything I can do to test to see if it's a part that needs replacing?

Any help gratefully received.

Thank You

Sponsored Links
If you can hear the compressor running and its not getting cold at all then it isn't going to be the thermostat it sound's like it has a system fault (To do with the pipework ie blockage or leak) or the compressor has become weak either way it wouldn't be worth fixing :( .

Thanks for reply and sorry for it being so long to comment. Today I have taken the fridge out of the fixing ready to replace and when I've plugged it in elsewhere just to test it appears to be getting cold! Is this just a fluke to do with it being moved or could something now be working again?

I don't want to go to expense of replacing if this is something common, or do you think it will just pack up again?

Not sure what to do, are there any tests I can do whilst it's out of situ to prove once and for all. The fan is working on the back.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thank You

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back