Fridge Repair - Capillary Tube

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just bought a 2nd hand fridge to replace some components in an old fridge I do not want to ditch.

It turns out that the motherboard in it is not the same as the 'sister' fridge!

So I need to the 'new' fridge working.

The guy I bought it from said that it just needed regassing. I cannot be 100% sure but the capillary tube off the condenser was either broken in transit or perhaps the engineer the buy had out clipped it for some reason.

Any advice on how to reconnect would be appreciated. Would a Rothenberger blow torch be hot enough for brazing if that is the way to reconnect it?

Or is it possible to buy a kit from somewhere that replaces the capillary tube in an easier way? could it be epoxy glued for instance?

Sponsored Links
It would have to be repaired, evacuated and recharged by someone who is f-gas qualified. Therefore, he may as well carry out the repair to the capillary line at the same time, as he'll have the equipment and experience to do so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back