From July 6th the EU may have been limiting your speed.

The speed limit in North Wales was dropped to 20 MPH, I can see the point, however one has to watch the speedo like a hawk, as the speed limiting software will not work at 20 MPH, so one is paying less attention to the road, and trying to give the cyclists the required distance as they overtake you.

I have read it has been abandoned, but the signs are still up, some with red circle and black writing some with black circle and red writing, some cars are obeying the signs, others seem to think they are no longer valid so have returned to 30 MPH, I had a hard enough job getting my licence when I turned 70, with a 10 month wait, so not taking a chance, but it seems the local authority have got it wrong a few times, and police have issued tickets when there was not legal speed limit, we get told you can't have a limit under 30 MPH without traffic calming, but are you going to take a chance on that?

I remember a car early 90's French I think, which you could set the speed and you lightly pressed the accelerator to a detent, so removing foot would still allow car to slow, and pressing hard would allow you to speed up, so still full control, but made it easy to keep to limit, I am all in favour of that.

With an automatic car engine tone does not help keeping to the speed limit.

With my e-bike the speedo only works when the motor is assisting, so free-wheeling down a hill I have no idea of speed, and really annoying when trying to build up speed for hill ahead when a car passes then slows down, the same of coarse in a car, for some one to overtake when your doing 30 in a 30 limit, then they are only doing 40 in the 60 limit is some what annoying.

However even if only doing 20, if that's the speed limit, then you accept it, just ordering up my red flag to wave while walking in front of the car.

Sponsored Links
Back