EU 'rattled'

Sponsored Links
Definition of intransigence....

Britain’s new hardline approach to trade talks......
...….their uncompromising attitude in the talks

......refused to budge

…...the UK’s new uncompromising stance

The tactics even drove Mr Barnier to accuse the British of “slowing down” the negotiations and his deputies claimed they were even seeking to end the talks without an agreement.
Lol.

You then said that any intransigence was on the EUs side. Do you really not get this?
He reads the Express FFS. Filly is actually one of the brighter RWR as well, bless 'em.

Last edited:
In the great scheme of things John it doesn't, nor will the percentages change much after Brexit (values obviously will - Covid)

The point I was making really is that if people want BMW's they will buy them and a number of other things so why does the EU need any trade deal? We import in excess of 40 billion euro worth of food off them.(£35 billion). The usual and old answer to this sort of thing was tariffs. That is a bit of a problem when a country can't supply it own needs. Canada gets a deal as it can export things the EU wants. That is how trade deals work especially with the EU. ;) Maybe we will export banks and various other parasites. Consultants would be a good idea as they often mess things up or do very little other than speak.

LOL Cars are easy import 8MW's and Lolkswagons from China. They do sell a number of cars with strange names domestically that look more than vaguely familiar. Or just have people driving what is made here. One make is a Chinese kit car put together here The Avensis is a fleet car...........................................

:) Food - start eating loads of pomegranates for vitamins again. Drastically increase the eating of fish and shell fish using EU boats to catch them. Lamb and beef may get a lot cheaper - for a while. Not sure about pork.

People moan about immigration - it causes problems. Funny thing, Germany's split is more or less the same as ours - 80% German rather than the same British

Rank
Ethnic Group Share of German Population
1 German 80.0%
2 Turk 3.7%
3 Pole 1.9%
4 Russian 1.5%
5 Italian1.0%
6 African German 1.0%
7 Arab 0.6%
8 Romanian 0.5%
9 Greek 0.5%
Other 9.3%

It's like that for cheaper labour at least initially.

Sponsored Links
I take it those are 'official' figures? It’s generally the unofficial figures people are concerned with - those with no right to be over here and are not here to carry out legal employment. I think due to the pandemic, we are finding out that there are more illegals here than were ever suspected. :rolleyes:

I take it those are 'official' figures? It’s generally the unofficial figures people are concerned with - those with no right to be over here and are not here to carry out legal employment. I think due to the pandemic, we are finding out that there are more illegals here than were ever suspected. :rolleyes:

You don't think they will have illegals as well? All countries have them.

You think ............ that's the problem people do even when there is no basis for what you suspect. The reason that have come up with schemes to get people to come forward at times is because there are not that many of them. ;) Then they can get paid as much as we do and pay tax.

I have a question. What essentials exactly do we import from EU?
Food? I see Polish mushrooms and Spanish fruits, which we can source from South Africa instead.

Are we? I haven't heard anything on that, but might have missed it.
Did you imagine that or do you have a link?
I saw it on our local news either last night or the night before. Apparently with no black market work, begging opportunities and pockets to pick they were turning up at hospitals and food banks like cockroaches when the lights go out.

I saw it on our local news either last night or the night before. Apparently with no black market work, begging opportunities and pockets to pick they were turning up at hospitals and food banks like cockroaches when the lights go out.

No signs of that on the food bank my wife helps out at. Another problem is people need to turn up with a piece of paper that isn't that easy to get to prevent misuse of the service. Very few try and the few that do are not illegals.

That doesn't sound like a scientific method for counting them.

Also, there's a long history of people doing really horrible things tied up with describing other human beings as cockroaches. A different analogy would avoid you accidentally aligning yourself with Genocide.

The EU has started legal proceedings against the Polish government

The EU has long accused the Polish government of under mining democracy

The EU have have given the poles 2 months to address there concerns

Sponsored Links
Back