EU 'rattled'

Sponsored Links
Wow

And that's the scientific approach? :rolleyes:

Edit: Sorry IT, just spotted your reply
Not my approach at all. Just telling what I saw. If you have a problem with that I suggest you get on to the news station. What do you think the scientific approach would be to get a correct number of illegal immigrants then? Do tell.

Dunno. They thought there was only a couple and a dozen came out of the woodwork maybe?

Sponsored Links
Estimates suggest that there could be half a milion illegal immigrants in the UK?

Probably an under estimate Imo ;)

Estimates suggest that there could b half a milion illegal immigrants in the UK?

Probably an under estimate Imo ;)
Some go up to 1.2 million. There's a lot of detailed dull studies into this stuff.

I think the main question is: has it gone up (a lot) in recent weeks? Apparently at least one TV station says it has but that may be more that the lack of work and Covid-19 itself are forcing them out into the open.

Is it something you have just made up? It doesn't sound very plausible. For instance, how did they know the people at the hospitals and FB's were illegal immigrants? What reason did they give for the numbers of people they saw at the hospitals and FB's being "more than were ever suspected.."?

'they' being the news reporters.

Some go up to 1.2 million. There's a lot of detailed dull studies into this stuff.

I think the main question is: has it gone up (a lot) in recent weeks? Apparently at least one TV station says it has but that may be more that the lack of work and Covid-19 itself are forcing them out into the open.

low estimate 800,000 high estimate 1.2 mil,

But, only estimates, no way of knowing for sure. What about an amnesty for those prepared to work on farms?

low estimate 800,000 high estimate 1.2 mil,

But, only estimates, no way of knowing for sure. What about an amnesty for those prepared to work on farms?
Burn the heretic!

But also yes, makes sense to me. If you've been here X years and haven't been in trouble, why not? I think the main objection is that it sets a bad precedent and might encourage more immigration.

If they have a job, probably going to be in hospitality, that's going to be the last industry to recover.
What about lure them with the promise of work/status etc (like a trap) then deport them, then seek out all those hard working EU migrants?

Sponsored Links
Back