EU 'rattled'

Exports from the EU to the UK £340 billion

Just what difference does it make where it comes from and how will Brexit change the number?

UK imports from the EU were £357 billion (53% of all UK imports). The share of UK exports accounted for by the EU has generally fallen over time from 55% in 2006 to 44% in 2016, though this increased slightly to 45% in 2018.16 Dec 2019

In 2018, UK exports to the EU were £291 billion (45% of all UK exports). UK imports from the EU were £357 billion (53% of all UK imports). The share of UK exports accounted for by the EU has generally fallen over time from 55% in 2006 to 44% in 2016, though this increased slightly to 45% in 2018.16 Dec 2019

They fell as the sources have gone.

Sponsored Links
Which is nothing to do with your statement that any intransigence has been on the EUs part, just after praising our negotiators for being intransigent.

You seem to be forgetting these talks are 'phase 2' of the negotiations, the future relationship. Phase 1 was the withdrawal agreement and we conceded ground on all aspects of that, citizens rights, financial settlement, Irish border, in fact we conceded so much ground on phase 1 you and your 'friends' on here rather gloatingly referred to it as the 'surrender agreement', remember?

Just what difference does it make where it comes from and how will Brexit change the number?

UK imports from the EU were £357 billion (53% of all UK imports). The share of UK exports accounted for by the EU has generally fallen over time from 55% in 2006 to 44% in 2016, though this increased slightly to 45% in 2018.16 Dec 2019

In 2018, UK exports to the EU were £291 billion (45% of all UK exports). UK imports from the EU were £357 billion (53% of all UK imports). The share of UK exports accounted for by the EU has generally fallen over time from 55% in 2006 to 44% in 2016, though this increased slightly to 45% in 2018.16 Dec 2019

They fell as the sources have gone.

In the great scheme of things John it doesn't, nor will the percentages change much after Brexit (values obviously will - Covid)

My argument was that the EU are not prepared to offer us a similar trade deal to Canada when:
Exports from the EU to the UK £340 billion

Exports from the EU to Canada 43 billion euros

You seem to be forgetting these talks are 'phase 2' of the negotiations, the future relationship. Phase 1 was the withdrawal agreement and we conceded ground on all aspects of that, citizens rights, financial settlement, Irish border, in fact we conceded so much ground on phase 1 you and your 'friends' on here rather gloatingly referred to it as the 'surrender agreement', remember?
You're not reading a word I type are you?

I'd love to see me referencing anything as a surrender agreement by the way. I'm fairly certain I haven't used the term, but let's face it you're not big on details are you?

Sponsored Links
Come to think about it, you're pretty obsessed with surrendering and your English isn't very good. Are you French by any chance?

Still not the point I was making.

Sorry I thought we were discussing 'intransigence', clearly not.
We've conceded ground on at least 3 issues in phase 1 of the talks.
The EU conceded *** all.

Who's intransigent.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...tions-rebels-colluded-with-eu-to-stop-no-deal

Boris Johnson and his cabinet ministers repeatedly ignored warnings that their use of language could incite violence, as they deployed the phrase “surrender act” as much as possible on the first day of Conservative party conference to describe the law blocking a no-deal Brexit.

Surrender Surrender

Sorry I thought we were discussing 'intransigence', clearly not.
We've conceded ground on at least 3 issues in phase 1 of the talks.
The EU conceded fuk all.

Who's intransigent.
You stated the thread with a quote which could serve as the definition of intransigence. You then said that any intransigence was on the EUs side. Do you really not get this?

I take what the express says with the same value as the Guardian. Anyone have any independent sources?

Why would we give up sovereign rights as a price for trade? Have we asked for the right to make Champaign?

Typical brexiteers cake and eat it attitude.

trade is about reciprocity, not sovereign rights.
France, Spain etc will never agree to any trade deal without access to fishing
any trade negotiator as been saying so for years.

Sponsored Links
Back