EU 'rattled'

Sponsored Links
It means exactly what I think it means.

I can easily see where some opinions come from. L = Labour, C =Tory, B = Brexit, R =Remain, ~ = Depends

PaperReads.jpg

I love the way the Times go on Brexit. Must have something to do with their readership.

Sponsored Links
If they're refusing to step down from their demands, that's intransigence. The fact we've decided to play them at their own game doesn't alter the meaning of the word.
It doesn't, but it makes your statement.
They seem perfectly happy to forge a deal, any intransigence appears to be on the EU side.
Utter nonsense.

It doesn't, but it makes your statement.

Utter nonsense.

Not really, the UK govt is happy to have a free trade deal similar to the one agreed with Canada, giving up our territorial waters, agreeing to a level playing field in terms of taxes etc and agreeing to give up our sovereignty and defer to EU law is not a price worth paying.
Any concessions made so far (Irish border etc) have been made by the UK, the EU have gone into these latest talks expecting us to roll over and surrender, we didn't.
They don't like it and they're worried. I'm not surprised, the effects could be a lot more far reaching than wether or not we get a free trade deal.

Not really, the UK govt is happy to have a free trade deal similar to the one agreed with Canada, giving up our territorial waters, agreeing to a level playing field in terms of taxes etc and agreeing to give up our sovereignty and defer to EU law is not a price worth paying.
Any concessions made so far (Irish border etc) have been made by the UK, the EU have gone into these latest talks expecting us to roll over and surrender, we didn't.
They don't like it and they're worried. I'm not surprised, the effects could be a lot more far reaching than wether or not we get a free trade deal.
Which is nothing to do with your statement that any intransigence has been on the EUs part, just after praising our negotiators for being intransigent.

where's the FT?

Not mentioned. It came from this
https://www.democraticaudit.com/201...ic-politics-and-represent-citizens-interests/

It's interesting that they regard TV as regulated as the same sort of thing goes on in that area.

The Times is interesting - the Brexit mantra as it was mostly put might put that particular papers readership off the idea so remain neutral. It's still a big C though,

The Star is an odd ball paper. Known to print fabrications, boobs like the Sun and may support either party.

Personally I don't think the general public will ever realise how they are manipulated or that with first past the post and split votes it doesn't take much of a swing to get things were a paper may wish things to go. It can also be very effective when things go in the 2 party direction with few other parties gathering votes as once again it doesn't take much of a vote swing. It's aimed at ill informed voters.

Sponsored Links
Back