from oil to electric ASAP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having researched the various possibilities we're going for the simplest, quickest and cheapest option, for the time being ie: retaining the entire dreadful vented ch & hw set up, with a single coil electric emersion for hw back up in the top of the storage tank ... and "just" replacing the oil fired boiler with an Amptec 9KW or similar ... Appreciate that a 10mm cable needs to be run for the Amptec, but is there any reason why we can't simply cut the 22mm copper boiler-cold-in & boiler-hot-out pipes ... and fit the in-line boiler into the "gap"? (Apart from getting wet of course) Might we be able to retain the present controller as well? I'll be asking the same questions of Amptec but any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike.

Sponsored Links
What is the out put of the original boiler?
Is 9Kw big enough to heat your house?

Thanks for getting back ... and I see what you mean. You're looking at my compatability question from an output point of view ... it's 14kw ... for a bungalow with a third bedroom up in the roof (which is partly why we're eventually going to go unvented to reclaim space and get shot of the shower pump) so we could either add in another unit later when/if the extension gets built, or just go for one of their higher rated units now ... the basic question remains really though, as to any other compatability issues...

Sponsored Links
it's because he's got too much money and wants to give some of it to the Electricity co.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back