From where can one buy "J" manhole cover keys?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got 2 large internal manhole covers over the balance tank in our swimming pool. As the rim around the manhole cover collects crystalised chlorine residue it's generally quite difficult to lift.

Over time it's weakened the keys that came with the manhole covers and the other day one of them snapped.

The keys are the "J" shape keys as the covers are lockable and just have 4 screws that hold it down, and the hooks on the keys loop into the screw holes.

I've never liked these style lifting points. Working in drainage companies we used to go through loads of them simply because the majority of internal manhole covers had normally been grouted around or just general dirt had made it's way into the rim making them awkward to lift.

ANYWAY, does anyone know any outlets or websites that sell these "J" lifting keys?

I've tried the Plumb Centre (who I always doubt will know what I'm talking about), PTS, BES, and local Farm/Agric stores, none of whom sell them.

I need some and pretty quick so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back