front brake pads peugeot 307

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just fitted a set of front brake pads on my peugeot and now all the brakes are seized

Sponsored Links
i used genuine pads it is very staight forward i know could i have damaged the master cylinder

Did you undo the bleed nut on the caliper when you were pushing the piston in? because you probably would of had to to get them in and it might of let a bit of air into the system and it probably needs bleeding if that's the case.

Sponsored Links
Air in the system, would allow the pistons to move easily, as air is compressible.

Are you sure all the brakes have locked, jack each wheel up and check.

Does your brake pedal feel normal?

Only way to seize all your brakes is if your master cylinder has seized in its on condition........ :confused:

no i didnt i just pushed the calipers back all 4 wheel are sticking now would i have turned the seals in the master cylinder

no i didnt i just pushed the calipers back all 4 wheel are sticking now would i have turned the seals in the master cylinder

I'm not sure, how did you manage to get them in without the nut open? I have just done disks/pads on a citroen xantia and i couldn't get them in enough without the nut open. I did break a brake caliper tho but thats another story :d

A right puzzler to be sure....you can press the pistons back in with or without undoing the bleed nipple, and reversing the seals in the master cylinder doesn't really happen. However, with the help of a pal, undo one of the outlets on the master cylinder and get him to press the pedal to the floor and hold it there while you tighten up again, then try it with the other pipe - but don't run out of fluid! See if the pedal works ok. If it does I wonder if you've huffed the ABS but can't see how. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back