Front Door Discolouration Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 10 years ago I had UPVC doors & windows installed with the front door being a Paladin composite unit. The glazing retaining trims have become severely yellowed on the outside - the inside ones are fine (see attached pictures). I cannot trace Paladin so it seems they may have gone under & I'm not getting much joy from the installers so can anyone advise if it's possible to return the trims strips to their original white colour? Ordinary household chemicals including bleach don't do anything

Attachments

• Front Door 1.jpg
    Front Door 1.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Front Door 2.jpg
    Front Door 2.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
Hello
They are called glazing cassettes and can be replaced.
If its under 10 years old and still in guarantee I would persevere with your supplier/fitter. Maybe start hounding them on their social media sites.
If out of guarantee then they can be a little tricky if you don't know what your doing.

If you want to have a crack at it your self look on the inside cassettes for any little plugs that cover screws, If you have those its fairly simple. If not they may be more complex ones

Hello
They are called glazing cassettes and can be replaced.
If its under 10 years old and still in guarantee I would persevere with your supplier/fitter. Maybe start hounding them on their social media sites.
If out of guarantee then they can be a little tricky if you don't know what your doing.

If you want to have a crack at it your self look on the inside cassettes for any little plugs that cover screws, If you have those its fairly simple. If not they may be more complex ones
Yes, the plugs are there but I'm not sure I can get them out without marking or damaging them. Do you think I can just swap the inside ones for those on the outside?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back