Re-Painting a steel plated front door.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some help as to how to go about re-painting an external door. It is not a normal door though, it is one made by Paladin. It is steel plated (I had a breakin!) but has a simulated wooden surface. From the look of it you would not know it wasn't wood. I assume it has a thin plastic coating.

The problem I have is that where there is beading round some glass, the paint has peeled off (showing white plastic underneath). The rest of the door is not peeling but the colour (brown) is really bleached from the sun.

Unfortunately Paladin no longer exists as such, but it seems the doors are still made by a company called Sierra Windows. Unbelievable they are unable to advise.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Most plastics such as downpipes and guttering can be successfully painted with simple gloss - no need to undercoat. Your door would probably be the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back